Who is the most knowledgeable of them all?
With these quiz questions for kids, parents or teachers can put kids to the test – in a fun and engaging way, and they learn on the way. Following is a selection of quiz questions for children to answer that are funny, fascinating, and will help everyone learn something new.
Our kid-friendly list of questions provides a fun way for youngsters to bond while also testing their knowledge. Included are questions on geography, animals, holidays, language, numbers, and some fun ones thrown in to keep them interested.
You may find a few tricky ones on there, too.
It is best to read out the quiz questions and give options to choose from one of four correct answers to your children, giving them multiple questions gets them thinking and forms some teamwork with others. We have marked the correct answer to each question in bold for you.
15 Educational Questions for 10-Year-Olds
- What is the largest animal in the world? – elephant, giraffe, blue whale, brown bear
- What is the name of the world’s highest mountain? – Alps, Zugspitze, Annapurna, Mount Everest.
- How many wings does a butterfly have? – 4, 2, 6, 5
- At what age do teenagers become an adult in the UK? – 16, 18 , 20, 21
- What is the capital city of Scotland? – Glasgow, London, Europe, Edinburgh
- True or false – there are 8 planets in our solar system? – True
- How many players are there in a football team? 9, 10, 11, 12
- A lobster has how many legs? – 10, 8 ,21, 4
- What is the shape of Harry Potter’s scar on his forehead? – Triangle, circle, lightning bolt, cross
- How long is an hour in minutes? – 10, 100, 60, 600
- What do you call a baby dog? – foal, puppy, piglet, kitten
- What language do people from Spain speak? – German, French, English, Spanish
- What date is Christmas Eve? – December 23rd, December 24th, December 25th, December 26th
- How many jaggy spines does a hedgehog have on average? 50, 500, 1,000, 5,000
- What is the 6th letter in the alphabet? – E, F, H, J
For even more captivating questions, we recommend the National Geographics Big Quiz Book.
15 Fun Quiz Questions for children of 4 years
Interesting quiz questions can amuse even the youngest of players. Simple, open-ended questions with predetermined answers are best for kids from four years and over. Ask these questions to the next generation of trivia champions and teach with a smile.
- Which animal has a long neck and many spots? – cat, giraffe, fish, zebra
- Which person is made entirely of snow? – Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Jumping Jack, Snowman
- Who do you call when there’s a fire? – fire brigade, army, police, doctor
- What do you call a baby goat? – lamb, calf, kid, puppy
- How many days make up a week? – Six, Seven, Eight, Nine
- How many sides are there in a hexagon? – 4, 6, 8, 10
- What is the name of the snowman in the movie Frozen? – Otto, Olaf, Olga, Snow White
- Who do you visit to fix your teeth? – Dentist, nurse, vet, doctor
- Who brings presents at Christmas? – Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Rudolf
- What is the name of the tiger in The Jungle Book? – Baloo, Bagheera, Shir Khan, Mowgli
- Which one of these animals lays eggs? – horse, cat, mouse, chicken
- What do bears like to eat? – honey, jam, Nutella, ice cream
- What planet also goes by the name “Red Planet”? – Mars, Earth, Saturn, The Sun
- What is the first month of the year? – March, November, August, January
- A rainbow contains how many colours? – 5, 7, 8, 10
Kids enjoy playing trivia as much as adults do, and it’s a great way to challenge and improve their knowledge and recall. It’s a great opportunity to introduce kids to new topics, whether it is in the realm of film, animal science, technological development, or even history. The potential is practically limitless.
Take a look at these educational kid-friendly trivia questions (and their corresponding answers) and get those little minds ticking. The trivia game can be made more difficult by alternating between easy and hard questions, or you sort them from easy to more challenging.
Learning doesn’t have to be boring. Kids can learn by playing with educational toys and taking part in Q&A quizzes at home or in school, like this one.